Thursday, August 27, 2009

The ultimate bliss





Since my divorce a year ago, I have been thrown back into the single world after taking a 5 year hiatus. And the single world? Yah, it's a bit scary, and definitely like being thrown onto another planet without a map. I have had so much advice thrown at me, it's enough to make my head spin. From magazine articles, to dating shows, to my been-there-done-that friends, to books, to talk radio, to my younger, incredibly naive friends (no offense if you know who you are), to horoscopes, to wise parents, to guys themselves, I have heard it all. And what is the outcome of all of this advice to a single divorcee who has thrown herself back into the dating world? It all comes back to me, and what I believe, and what I will never change. That's right, I believe in the term that a lot of people seemed to have forgot about. I believe that all those rules, games, and hoopla that we're made to believe will find us "the one" is a bunch of unnecessary, stressful, confusing, and flat out BS. I believe in soul mates. I have experienced it first hand, and when it happens to you, there are absolutely no games to play, no rules to follow, no hoopla to jump through to get what you want. It's only pure passion, love, and an unexplainable energy that shakes you to your core.



I can only hope that everyone meets their soul mate someday. I don't think any life could be truly complete without experiencing and living out this blissful connection. I get frustrated when I see couples that are merely together because they say they love each other, but really aren't soul mates. Meanwhile they could be missing out on meeting their soul mate because they are so afraid of being alone if they leave their current partner. The universe will bring you to your soul mate, but it's up to you to take a leap of faith with that person and give into your true feelings. Finding your soul mate is like discovering an entirely new aspect on life. To me, it's the ultimate find that leads to true, blissful happiness. Call me a hopeless romantic, unrealistic, or just plain crazy, but once you experience it, you believe in it! I trust in God that the path he has me on must be the right one, but it's definitely questionable to me at times! I can't go into detail about my personal situation about soul mates right now, but all I have to say is love will find it's way. I'm being taught patience, which has got to be one of the most difficult lessons to learn. I believe in destiny, I believe in love, and I believe in soul mates.

No comments:

Post a Comment