I've been feeling a little behind these days. I feel as if everyone around me is married with children. I got started off on the right foot a few years ago, but now I have taken such a drastic U-turn I wonder if I'll ever find my way back. Being one of the most impatient people ever, you can imagine how frustrated I've been. Everywhere I look there are couples, and not just couples, but HAPPY couples. I try to look beyond them and realize there must be singles out there, but maybe they have been banned in my area and I just didn't get the memo? Hmmm I'll have to look into that.
Sometimes I get pretty down and think there must be something wrong with me, and yes, I can make a mile-long list of those not-so-cool qualities. But then I think, hey wait a second, she's not perfect, and he's not perfect, and that guy's definitely not perfect! And yet they have the one thing that I am missing most in my life. I've been told before to not look so hard, but I've been doing that for a year and haven't had very good results with that method. I'm ready to meet someone and share my life with them. I'm ready to get back to where I was, but this time there will be one major difference, I want to be with the right guy!
I'm a terrible candidate for being a single gal trying to find her match, and here's my proof:
- I'm very shy when I first meet someone, and if I happen to like that person, it's magnified times 10!
- I usually hangout with guys a lot more than girls, which is like wearing a sign on my head that screams "don't even think about talking to me, one of these guys is my boyfriend".
- I'm 27 which seems like an age so rare in the single world it should be put on an endangered species list.
- I'm not into typical girlie things, for example a night out for me includes drinking beer all night, usually keeping up with, if not drinking most guys under the table. I don't sit in a high top chair sipping cosmos, no sir.
- I have a very small group of friends here. Over the years my besties move and I stay in the same place. This just limits me further by not having a large social group to mingle in.
- I know exactly what I want now, since I've already been married. This seems to just limit any potential guy even further.
So, as you can see I am in a place where I don't want to be at this time in my life. I'm trying my best to be patient, but that tank is running on E, actually it's running on fumes. I should look outside the box and realize that my life is fine without having a significant other, but it sure would be nice to meet somebody great to share it with! I think I'll focus on other things for now, try and continue to improve myself to be a better person.