Friday, July 31, 2009

Is It Time Already???




Am I growing up? At the tender age of 27??? I never thought this day would come. Maybe it's just a fluke, or hormones, or laziness? I have not wanted to go out all week, and yes, I am writing a post for my blog on a Friday night!!! Eeeeeek! What the heck has gotten into me? Well, let's see, I can tell you one thing...I sure am getting sick and tired of the "bar scene" especially around here. I'm starting to see the same people out(most I don't even know), do the same thing, and feel the same way the next day, hungover! Yes I have to admit, it's very fun, especially since I tend to be a bit on the crazy and wild side when it comes to partying (you didn't hear that from me though). But honestly, I think after a decade or so of partying I might be ready to slow my roll a bit. Mom would be so proud ;). Most people had this epiphany when they were out of college, you know, 23 or 24. Not me! Maybe going through a divorce shot be back into the college era style of living, or maybe that's just my excuse.
On another note, I haven't really wanted to go out because getting all "dolled up" seems like such a chore lately. I pride myself on getting ready pretty fast, 30 minutes done. Now I just want to chill at home with my wet hair and make-up free face! Is that so bad? Is it just summer or am I turning into one of those women who just stops caring about their looks? With that attitude you would think I have three kids and a husband running around here, nope, just me and the cat. (By the way, I'm pretty sure this is just a phase and I will always try and look my best, or at least descent, it's in my blood, and I don't mean that in a conceded kind of way.) I used to love to have cute and new outfits to wear out, they made me feel good! I have not been buying or wearing any cute and new outfits for awhile now. Money saver? :)
Maybe it's time to grow up. Maybe I need to keep this change of lifestyle business around. This last week I stayed in every night and read books(OK I had two beers one night, but it doesn't count because it was just a bad date, still trying to block it out of my head). I hear some of you snickering as you read this, yes I read books all week. And it felt great!
I think this new adult way of life is something I should definitely stick with. I knew the day was coming, I just didn't think it'd be so soon! I'm still just a single divorcee living alone in a small town! I guess I will just have to trust The Man Upstairs, fate, and a lil luck to guide me through this life of mine. After all, it's pretty hard to meet somebody when you have your nose in a book all night!

No comments:

Post a Comment