Wednesday, July 8, 2009

My First Day As a Mom!

Ok, so my niece just turned 2 last month, and she is about as cute and charismatic as they come. Today I had the opportunity to watch her ALL day, and boy did I jump at that! Our day started a little iffy...Grammy met me in CR, which is half-way for us. Elle is quite fond of her grammy and didn't exactly want to get in the car with Aunt Jenny. We quickly recovered from tears by playing, what else, Dido! It was all smiles from there. She was really excited to see "Kitty", my cat of many names, who she really hasn't seen since she was just a baby. We had fun chasing that cat all over the house, with Elle yelling "KIITTTYYY!!!" while trying so hard to just get a quick pat on the head for him.
Next up, our trip to Target to get a toy! Come on, I'm her only Aunt and I'm going to spoil the crap out of her :) I was a little nervous toting her around in the cart, you have to understand, I am a total rookie at this stuff! She was happy as a lamb after our $1 bin scavenging, we found some weird squishy monster and some plastic magnetic letters. Off to the toy department...pretty fun, but kinda sad I couldn't really afford the $40 plastic guitar she was mesmerized by. But no tears, no pouting, no meltdowns!!! Mission accomplished. And our grand total= $2.12. Wow, 2 year olds are truly easily amused :)
I took a shot at toting her out to the carousel, which is right next to Target. Oh boy, her eyes lit up like fireworks! She was ready to get on that thing and get on now! So here I am carrying my lil tike, my over-stuffed purse, her beloved bear, and our Target purchases while trying desperately to find the cash in my wallet. I knew if I let her down she would havebe shot over to that thing faster than a speeding bullet. After my struggle, I managed to find a $5 bill and quickly got change in quarters for the ride. So, here we are in line ready to go! But wait...what's this token sign I see? Oh geez you have to get a freakin token to ride the carousel. Ok, struggling once more I manage to find another $5 and so then must purchase 5 tokens, we onlyCheck Spelling needed ONE! Ahh, so really the carousel ended up costing 5 bucks, but hey, it was worth it. Elle was almost screaming for them to start the damn thing! Made me smile to see her so happy :)
The rest of our day adventure was pretty low-key, coloring, watched some toons, had some lunch, more of cat-chasing. I hope I get to have more days like this with my little side-kick sweetheart. Ahh, the joys of parenting...lol

1 comment:

  1. Pleeaase don't have THE meltdown that I know WILL happen soon, while I'm in your presence...
    HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!

    I don't see my name anywhere..

    ReplyDelete